Signature Motorhomes Limited

Parts, Sales, Service, MOT and Repairs

01902 725 394

• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

3 way power switch - break before make

Chassis electrics

3 way power switch - break before make

Postby samcory » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 am

You guy probably all know about this but I thought someone might find it interesting. My rv has a 120v usa generator and a 240v shoreline that powers up a few 13amp UK sockets and a 120v transformer.
The way it was fitted in my rv was under one of the diner seats. Whenever I wanted to use the shoreline I had to remove the seat and unplug the RV from the geni and plug it into the transformer.
To resolve this problem what I needed was a three-way break before make switch capable of handling all the power. I tried the electrical wholesalers and was offered a great big box switch similar to what you see in a factory to turn machine tools on and off. Then totaly by accident I found this lovely small unit that I fitted inside the RV on the side wall of the diner.
see here:
http://www.force4.co.uk/4649/Sterling-- ... witch.html

Sam
samcory

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 2 times
Started RVing: 2010

Advertisement

Re: 3 way power switch - break before make

Postby doug » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 pm

That really is a very neat little switch and I like the fact that the front panel is water proofed. I know it doesn't apply in your case but if it had to go in a locker it's just another comfort factor. I used to use Force 4 Chandlery all the time when we had the boat, very good stuff and not unreasonable prices.
Regards Doug

I keep pressing escape but I'm still here

The American RV Club - The friendly club
doug

Invitations sent: 479
Registered friends: 91
Thanks given: 134 times
Started RVing: 2001

Return to Electrical